Questions on Raid.
I need to know the answers to the following questions:
1. Is the unit "hot pluggable"?
i.e. Can you change disk on the fly?
2. If two disk in an array go down is the unit dead?
3. Is a spare unit provided? built into the system?
4. The react software is said to be able to run dual active
controllers. If one of the controllers fails will the request
to the disk be lost or will they fall over the other
1. Disks can be replaced/plugged with the RS/6000 and 7135 running and
accessing a RAID 5 or RAID 1 hdisk, when one of the 7135 disks
comprising the hdisk has gone bad. Operations can continue.
2. If two disks in a RAID 5 or RAID 1 hdisk are lost, you've lost all
the data on the hdisk.
3. You can purchase a spare disk, it is not kept inside the machine for the
7135. The 3514 RAID box has capability for a hot-standby spare disk.
4. Dual active controller support has been delayed until 12/30/94 for
the 7135. Today the second controller acts as a hot standby.
Support Line: Questions on Raid. ITEM: K6977L
Dated: July 1994 Category: N/A
This HTML file was generated 99/06/24~13:30:42
Comments or suggestions?