Why didn't ssp.ha install on my nodes? red host responds
Env: PSSP 2.2, AIX 4.1.4, 9076 wide nodes
Desc: Just installed a node from my cws, it reboots, it is
in the kerberos realm, working smoothly, but host responds
is red. Checked on the node, and most of ssp installed,
but I noticed that ssp.ha was not installed. Why not?
This condition occurs when perfagent.server is not in the
/spdata/sys1/install/aix414/lppsource directory on the
control workstation when the node is installed. For
PSSP-2.2, AIX 4.1.4, the version of perfagent required is
220.127.116.11 Performance Agent Daemons & Utilities
18.104.22.168 Performance Analysis and Control Commands
You will also find by checking on the nodes (lslpp -l ssp.*)
that ssp.pman has also not installed.
1) nfs export the /spdata/sys1/install/pssplpp/PSSP-2.2
from the control workstation to all nodes.
2) Make sure there is now a copy of perfagent.server in
the directory exported in 1), and run
3) dsh an nfs mount of this exported directory to all the
4) dsh an installp of ssp.ha and ssp.pman to all nodes.
5) dsh /usr/lpp/ssp/bin/syspar_ctrl -D
6) dsh /usr/lpp/ssp/bin/syspar_ctrl -A
7) host responds should now be green.
8) Put a copy of perfagent.server.22.214.171.124 in the
/spdata/sys1/install/aix414/lppsource so it will be
there if you ever have to reinstall in a node.
9) inutoc /spdata/sys1/install/aix414/lppsource
Support Line: Why didn't ssp.ha install on my nodes? red host responds ITEM: BS3921L
Dated: January 1997 Category: N/A
This HTML file was generated 99/06/24~13:30:20
Comments or suggestions?