"multi user intialization complete" then system hangs
RISC 7013 59H
"multi user intialization complete" message displays on
console during system boot, but then the system hangs with
no other messages. You cannot ping the system from another
machine or login from another termial.
We used the following steps to isolate the problem:
1. booted to service mode from a mksysb tape
2. choose option 4
3. getrootfs hdisk2
4. TERM=ibm3151; export TERM
5. vi /etc/rc
made sure nothing followed the message
"multi user intialization complete" except exit 0
6. Commented out the entries in the /etc/inittab for
fbcheck, srcmstr, rctcpip, and rcnfs still the problem
7. checked the configurations for the 3151 setup against
the setup of the tty0. They matched up.
8. Looked in the /etc/filesystems file and noticed
a entry for /dev/cd0 mounting on /dev.
We removed that entry and the system booted without problem.
Closing with customer approval
Support Line: "multi user intialization complete" then system hangs ITEM: BC8294L
Dated: December 1995 Category: N/A
This HTML file was generated 99/06/24~13:30:23
Comments or suggestions?