IP Address Discovery Conditions
Conditions for discovering a given IP address:
If IP address is not listed in a seed file:
1) netmon must "learn" of an IP address from some source, usually
from a table in a MIB that netmon already knows about.
2) netmon must be able to ping that interface.
3) The network in which that IP address resides must exist and be
managed in the IP topology database.
If IP address is listed in a seed file:
1) netmon must be able to ping the interface
2) The network in which that IP address resides does not need to exist
in the IP Topology database, but if it does, it must be in the managed
So, just being able to ping an IP address does not ensure the discovery
of the IP address.
Here are some things to try/consider:
1) use the "ovtopodump -rl \" command to see if the IP
addresses you are interested in have really been discovered.
2) Use the latest PTF to ensure that you have the
most up to date discovery algorithms available.
Support Line: IP Address Discovery Conditions ITEM: AS7655
Dated: December 1995 Category: N/A
This HTML file was generated 99/06/24~13:30:25
Comments or suggestions?