ODM Problems with SNA. Defined device not found
ENV: 3.2.5, SNA Services/6000
DESC: Upon boot they recieve an error message that a defined
device was not found and to run diag -a. This does not
solve the problem.
ACTION: Not a production machine so we tried removing devices and
rebooting, then adding the devices. Didn't help. Finally
determined that APAR IX21140 showed the problem. Alot
of SNA entries in the ODM had chgstatus=3 which caused the
error. The Apar workaround didn't work so we did the
1) cp /etc/objrepos/CuDv /tmp/CuDv
2) echo $ODMDIR (make sure it is etc/objrepos)
3) odmget -qchgstatus=3 CuDv > /tmp/odmedit
4) vi /tmp/odmedit (note: change 3's to 1's)
5) odmdelete -o CuDv -qchgstatus=3
6) odmadd /tmp/odmedit
Error message no longer exists.
TEST: Tested on u2
Support Line: ODM Problems with SNA. Defined device not found ITEM: AK2283L
Dated: June 1995 Category: N/A
This HTML file was generated 99/06/24~13:30:26
Comments or suggestions?