Can I boot from a RAID device if hdisk0 fails?
Env: 3.2.5; machine 7015 model 980; RAID device
Desc: Customer wants to know if she can put a RAID device in rootvg
and mirror onto it. Will the machine boot from the RAID device
if hdisk0 fails?
Action: Only the 7137 Disk Array is supported as a boot device and it
has specific conditions that must be met in order for it to be
a boot device.
o The 7137 can be used as a boot device only, if using one of the
following feature codes:
- \#2420 SCSI High Performance External I/O Controller and
RS/6000 Mod 590 or newer and AIX 4.1 or higher.
- \#2416 SCSI Differential Fast/Wide Adapter/A and AIX 4.1 or
- \#2412 Enhanced SCSI Differential Fast/Wide Adapter/A and
AIX 4.1 or higher.
- The 7135 cannot be a boot device.
- The 3514 cannot be a boot device.
Other vendors that provide RAID boxes may also support this, but
they would be responsible for the support.
Support Line: Can I boot from a RAID device if hdisk0 fails? ITEM: AJ9035L
Dated: July 1995 Category: N/A
This HTML file was generated 99/06/24~13:30:27
Comments or suggestions?