[ Previous |
AIX Version 4.3 Package Guide for LPP Installation
INed Editor Package
The INed Editor is a full screen
editor for AIX. In addition to editing files, it also
contains a file and directory manager and the ability to print
files. The INed Editor package has only one fileset,
Approximate Disk Space Required
The INed Editor package requires
approximately 1.2MB of disk space.
Special Migration Notes
If you have an editorprf file
in INed 3.2, make the following modifications to your
editorprf file after INed 4.1 has been installed:
- Type e
to start the INed
- Pull down the New Task menu
and select the Edit Your Editor Profile option.
- Select HELP Options on the
Edit Your Editor Profile menu. Change every occurrence of
/usr/lib/nls/msg/$LANG to $SYS.
- Return to the Editor Profile
- Select Editor Search Paths on the Editor Profile File menu.
- In the Forms box, delete the line
containing the path /usr/lib/nls/msg/$LANG. Change
$SYS to $SYS/forms on the appropriate line.
- If you do not want the information in your
editorprf file, skip these by typing the AIX command rm
- If you want to determine whether
you have an editorprf file, type the AIX command ls
$HOME/profiles. This command lists the editorprf file if
you have one.
[ Previous |