[ Previous |
AIX Version 4.3 Network Installation Management Guide and Reference
Uninitializing Diskless and Dataless Machines
Diskless and dataless machines are uninitialized by performing the reset operation. This action also provides the option to deallocate all resources for the machine. Deallocating all resources from the diskless or dataless machine removes all root data for the machine. Without deallocating resources, the uninitialize operation deallocates just the network boot image.
From Web-based System Manager
- Select the target diskless or dataless machine you want to uninitialize.
- From the Selected menu in the NIM container, select Uninitialize Machine Resources.
- Use the dialog to uninitialize and, if desired, deallocate all resources from the client.
- To uninitialize diskless and dataless machines, enter the smit nim_dd_uninit fast path.
- Select the Target.
- If you want to remove all root data, change the DEALLOCATE Resources field to yes.
From the Command Line
- To uninitialize the client machine, enter the following on the NIM master:
nim -F -o reset ClientName
- To deallocate all resources and remove root data, enter the following on the NIM master:
nim -o deallocate -a subclass=all ClientName
[ Previous |