[ Home |
Commands List: W
Select the command you want to read about. You may also
go back to the Commands List.
- Prints a summary of current system activity.
- Waits until the termination of a process ID.
- Writes a message to all users that are logged in.
- Observes a program that may be untrustworthy.
- Counts the number of lines, words, and bytes in a file.
- Displays identifying information in files.
- Describes what function a command performs.
- Invokes a prompting interface for draft disposition.
- Locates source, binary, or manual for program.
- Locates a program file, including aliases and paths (the csh (C shell) command only).
- Identifies the users currently logged in.
- Displays your login name.
- Identifies a user by user ID or alias.
- Manipulates Message Handler (MH) Messages.
- Sends messages to other users on the system.
- Allows users to send messages to and receive messages from a remote system.
- Manipulates connect-time accounting records by correcting date and time stamp inconsistencies.
- Starts the hunt the wumpus game.
Go back to the Commands List.