Power6 High-End Power Subsystem Firmware
Applies to: 9119-FHA
This document provides information about the installation of
Machine or Licensed Internal Code, which is sometimes referred to
as microcode or firmware.
This package provides firmware for Power 595 (9119-FHA) Servers only.
Do not use on any other systems.
The firmware level in this package is:
This firmware level requires HMC V7 R3.4.0.
Go to the following URL to access the HMC code packages:
NOTE: You must be logged in as hscroot in order for
the firmware installation to complete correctly.
Use the following example as a reference to determine whether your
installation will be concurrent or disruptive.
Note: The file names and service pack levels used in
following examples are for clarification only, and are not
necessarily levels that have been, or will be released.
Power Subsystem firmware file naming convention:
NOTE: Values of service pack and last disruptive service
pack level (YYY and ZZZ) are only unique
- XXX is the release level
- YYY is the service pack level
- ZZZ is the last disruptive service pack level
within a release level (XXX). For example, 02EB330_067_045 and
02EB340_067_053 are different
An installation is disruptive if:
Example: Currently installed release is EB330, new release is
- The release levels (XXX) are different.
Example: EB330_120_120 is disruptive, no matter what level of
EB330 is currently
- The service pack level (YYY) and the last
disruptive service pack level (ZZZ) are equal.
installed on the system
Example: Currently installed service pack is EB330_120_120 and
- The service pack level (YYY) currently installed on the system
is lower than the last disruptive service pack level (ZZZ) of the
service pack to be installed.
new service pack is EB330_152_130
An installation is concurrent if:
Example: Currently installed service pack is EB330_126_120,
- The service pack level (YYY) is higher than the service
pack level currently installed on your system.
new service pack is EB330_143_120.
Firmware Information and Update Description
Function Severity: ATT
New Features and Functions:
- Support for concurrent processor node addition, as well as
cold node repair or removal.
- Enhanced fault reporting for the Integrated Battery Feature.
- Fixes for false System Reference Codes during UEPO cycling.
- Fixes for false System Reference Codes during AC power
- Fix for I/O fans not going to the proper speed after
I/O power supply replacement.
- Fixes for false System Reference Codes during Concurrent
- Fixes for various other false System Reference Codes.
- Fix for problem syncing the HMC Service Lock between both
Bulk Power Controllers.
You can view the frame's current firmware level on the Advanced System
Management Interface (ASMI) Welcome pane. It appears in the top
corner. Example: EB330_029.
Follow the instructions on the web page. You must read and agree to
the license agreement to obtain the firmware packages.
Note: If your HMC is not internet-connected you will need to
download the new firmware level to a CD-ROM or ftp server.
The method used to install new firmware will depend on the release
level of firmware which is currently installed on your server. The
release level can be determined by the prefix of the new firmware's
Where XXX = release level
Instructions for installing firmware updates and upgrades can be found
- If the release level will stay the same (Example: Level
EB330_075_075 is currently installed and you are attempting to
install level EB330_081_075) this is considered an update.
- If the release level will change (Example: Level EB330_081_075
is currently installed and you are attempting to install level
EB340_096_096) this is considered an upgrade.