AMD K6-2XT Processor - (Aptiva 2170 - SL-A)
AMD K6-2XT Processor (for 2170)
NOTE: Determine the type of processor you are installing and make sure the
jumpers are set correctly.
Run the Setup Utility after correctly installing a processor.
-CAUTION- Processors are sensitive to static discharge.
- Remove adapter cards if applicable.
- Detach the heat sink cable from the fan connector.
- Remove the fan sink by pressing the release tab (rectangular end) and lifting it up from the Processor.
- Pull up the ZIF socket release lever.
- Lift the processor out of the socket.
NOTE: Installing the processor
- Place the ZIF socket release lever to the release (up) position.
- Insert the new processor, matching the notched corner of the processor with the pin 1
indicator on the socket.
- Push down the lever to lock the processor to the socket.
- Place the processor heat sink fan over the processor.
- Insert one side of fan brace onto the ZIF socket.
- Secure by latching the other side to the ZIF socket.
- Reconnect the processor fan sink cable to the connector FN1 on the system board.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.