- Power off the system unit.
- Insert the diagnostics diskette into the diskette drive.
- Ensure that all DIMMs are installed correctly.
- Power on the system unit.
- Take note of any messages, error codes, or symptoms.
002 - DO YOU RECEIVE POST MEMORY ERROR MESSAGE?
(YES, READ AHEAD. NO, GO TO STEP003)
- Enter BIOS Setup Utility then reboot the system.
Take note of any messages, error codes, or symptoms.
If the error message remains, go to step 005.
- Follow the screen instructions to run the Memory test.
004 - DOES THE MEMORY TEST COMPLETE WITHOUT AN ERROR?
(YES, READ AHEAD. NO, GO TO STEP005)
- The system memory is now functioning correctly.
If you suspect an intermittent problem, run the Memory test again.
- Replace each DIMM, one at a time, with a known working DIMM of the same size and type.
- If the problem does not appear, it means that the last DIMM replaced is defective.
If all DIMMs on the system board, have been replaced and the problem remains, replace system board.
- Go to step 001.
NOTE: If system board has no memory installed, you will hear L-L-S-S-S.
(L: long beep, S: short beep) beeps during POST.