CD/DVD-ROM Drive (Aptiva 2170/71/72/74/87/90 - SL-A)
001 - START
- Insert the diagnostics diskette into the diskette drive and ensure that there is no CD/DVD in the CD/DVD-ROM drive.
- Select Interactive Tests menu, then select and execute CD/DVD-ROM Test.
002 - DO YOU SEE A MESSAGE 'NO CD/DVD-ROM DRIVE OR MSCDEX DEVICE DRIVER INSTALLED.'?
(YES, READ AHEAD. NO, GO TO 003.)
- Exit the diagnostics program and power off the system.
- Check and ensure that the CD/DVD-ROM drive power cable and audio and
data cables are not damaged and are connected properly.
- Check and ensure that the CD/DVD-ROM drive driver is loaded correctly.
- Load default settings.
003 - DO THE TESTS OF OPEN/CLOSE TRAY BY DIAGNOSTICS PROGRAM AND
BY DEPRESSING CD/DVD-ROM DRIVE BUTTON WORK? (YES, READ AHEAD. NO, GO TO STEP 006.)
- Load a known good data CD/DVD into the CD/DVD-ROM drive and try to read its content
by typing DIR at DOS prompt.
004 - CAN A CD/DVD BE READ FROM THE CD/DVD-ROM DRIVE?
(YES, THEN THE CD/DVD-ROM DRIVE FUNCTIONS NORMALLY. NO, READ AHEAD.)
- Try reading the CD/DVD with a known good CD/DVD-ROM drive.
005 - IS THE CD/DVD STILL NOT READABLE? (YES, READ AHEAD. NO, GO TO STEP 006.)
- Replace system board.
- 006 -
- Replace CD/DVD-ROM drive.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.