Parts List for the Netfinity 7000 Tower Cluster Example
Netfinity 7000 server
200 MHz Pentium® Pro Microprocessor Upgrade with 1 MB
of Level-2 Cache (three for each server)
Netfinity 400 Watt Hot-Swap Redundant Power Supply
(one for each server)
Netfinity 4.51 GB Wide Ultra SCSI SCA-2 Hot-Swap Hard Disk Drive
(four for each server)
IBM ServeRAID II Ultra SCSI Adapter (three for each server)
Ethernet cables (to connect the servers to the public network)
PC Server 3518 Enterprise Storage Expansion Enclosure
9.1 GB Wide Ultra SCSI Hot-Swap Hard Disk Drive (slim line)
Shared Disk Convenience Kit
Each kit contains the following:
° 1 76H2670 Hot-Swap Backplane III
° 2 94G7585 (4) SCSI-2 Fast/Wide Enhanced Repeaters
° 1 94G7593 Power Supply Upgrade II option
° 2 86H2432 IBM 100/10 PCI EtherJet Adapters
° 2 94G4070 Backplane-to-Backplane cable
° 1 70G9876 Expansion Enclosure Backplane Cable
° 1 76H0551 (5) Ethernet Crossover cable
° 2 01K8029 4.3 Meter External 68-pin SCSI Cable
Hot-Swap Backplane III (in addition to the eight provided
in the convenience kits)
Enhanced SCSI Repeater (in addition to the eight provided
in the convenience kits)
Expansion Enclosure Backplane Cable (in addition to the four
provided in the convenience kits)
6 or 7
4.3 Meter External 68-pin Cable (in addition to the eight provided
in the convenience kits: six required for the example
configuration shown and seven required if you are using
Microsoft Cluster Server)
Third Channel Cable Option (to route the ServeRAID II adapter's
third channel for external use.
Two are required for the example configuration shown, four are required
when using this configuration with the modifications for Microsoft Cluster
Server, and none are required when using ServeRAID-3H adapters)
The 8-mm to 68-pin Converter Option (required for the
quorum-arbitration link when using Microsoft Cluster Server)
1 or more
Uninterruptible Power Supplies
(1) The ServeRAID II adapter firmware, BIOS code, device drivers, and utility programs must be at version 2.40 or higher.
(2) Must be purchased separately. Part numbers vary.
(3) If you want to increase the high-availability features of the 3518 expansion enclosure by using the 780 Watt Redundant Power Supply, do not purchase the convenience kits. Instead, purchase the individual components provided in the convenience kits, but replace the Power Supply Upgrade II option with the 780 Watt Redundant Power Supply option, Part Number 94G4701. Also, depending upon your requirements, it might be more cost effective to purchase the required components individually.
(4) The SCSI-2 Enhanced Repeater, Part Number 94G5565, is not supported in cluster configurations.
(5) This cable is not available for separate purchase. This Category 5 cable is designed for point-to-point connections and has RJ-45 connectors on each end.
(6) See 'Selecting Servers and Enclosures' for information about the uninterruptible power supply options available for the servers, storage enclosures, and rack enclosures.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.