The Fibre Channel Hub is designed with seven modular user configurable interface ports.
These seven ports comply with the GigaBit Interface Converter (GBIC) Specification.
GBICs are available in two media types:
- Long-Wave optical
- Short-Wave optical
This section covers both the Fibre Channel Hub and the GBICs.
The following list summarizes the features of the Fibre Channel Hub:
- Seven configurable media-interface optical ports providing high performance.
- Plug and Play provides fault tolerance for online system configuration changes.
- Modular Gigabit Interface Converter (GBIC) transceiver design allows you to use ports when needed.
- Cascadable ports allows up to 127 connections
(where one port is reserved for connection to fabric or switch active ports)
or support of multiple loop implementations.
- Simplified cable management can be used for centralized storage management applications.
- Hot pluggable GBIC provides an optimal solution for entry storage interconnect needs.
- Half-rack width (1U = 1.75 in.) low profile hub packaging offers highest port density
in single 1 unit height rack mount.
- Auto-sensing power-supply - supports 95 to 250 V ac and 50 to 60 Hz.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.