CD is not working properly.
1. Clean the CD
2. Clean the optical-head lens.
3. CD-ROM Drive
CD-ROM drive tray is not
1. Insert the end of a paper clip into the
manual tray-release opening.
(The server must be
2. CD-ROM Drive
powered-on.) If the server
is on and the tray does not
CD-ROM drive is not
1. Run Configuration/Setup, enabled primary IDE channel.
2. Check cables and jumpers.
3. Check for correct device driver.
Power switch does not work
1. Verify that the power-on control jumper
and reset button does work.
on J32's extension cable is on pins 1 and 2.
2. Power Switch Assembly
3. System Board
Diskette drive in-use light
If there is a diskette in the drive, verify that:
stays on, or the system
1. The diskette drive is enabled in the
bypasses the diskette drive,
or the diskette drive does
2. The diskette is good and not damaged.
(Try another diskette if you have one.)
3. The diskette is inserted correctly in the drive.
4. The diskette contains the necessary files to
start the server.
5. The software program is OK.
6. Run Diskette Drive Diagnostics.
8. Diskette Drive
9. System Board
If the diskette drive in-use light stays on, or
the system continues to bypass the diskette drive,
replace the diskette drive.
Monitor problems (general)
Some IBM monitors have
2. Run Video Diagnostics. If
their own self-tests. If you
diagnostics pass, the problem
suspect a problem with the
may be a video driver
monitor, refer to the
3. Display Adapter/System Board
information that comes with
the monitor for adjusting
and testing instructions.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.