Starting the Diagnostic Programs (Netfinity 7000 - 8651)
Starting the Diagnostic Programs
To start the test programs from the System CD-ROM:
- Use the Setup program to define the CD-ROM drive as the First Boot Device.
Refer to 'Defining the Startup Device'.
- Insert the System CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
- Power-on the system. Or, if the system is powered on, press Ctrl+Alt+Del
The system begins the power-on self-test (POST). If a user password has been set, the system
prompts you to enter it.
- If a user password is set, you must enter it to access the test programs.
If you have set user and administrative passwords, you can enter either one.
- If a configuration error occurs, a prompt appears before the operating system starts
(see 'Configuration Conflicts')
- Use the Up Arrow ( ) or Down Arrow ( ) key to select
Run System Diagnostics from the Startup Menu.
- Use the Up Arrow ( ) or Down Arrow ( ) key to move the
highlighted bar to your desired Startup Menu selection.
- Press Enter
NOTE: To stop running a specific test or stop testing after you have started a test, press
Ctrl+Break while the test is running. The test stops at the first possible opportunity.
The Test Window: When you select Test from the Diagnostics Menu, the Test
window appears. The Test window allows you to select test modules and define testing parameters. Highlighted
selections indicate a module or device selected for testing.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.