System Board and CPU Card Checkout (2625 365X, XD)
System Board and CPU Card Checkout
The processing functions
are performed by both the system board and the CPU card.
Processor problems can be caused by either FRU. However,
the CPU card
generally has a lower probability of failure.
When a numeric code calls the system board or the CPU card
as a FRU, or the
CPU card is called by a diagnostic test by showing FRU code 11,
use the following procedure to isolate the problem:
- Run the system board test to verify the symptom. This test verifies
both the system board and the CPU card.
If no error is detected, return to 'Checkout Guide'.
- If FRU code 10 appears, replace the system board but do not replace
the CPU card. Transfer the CPU card from the old system
board to the new system board.
- If FRU code 11 appears, reseat the CPU card.
- Rerun the test to verify the fix.
- If FRU code 11 remains, replace the CPU card.
If above procedure does not correct the problem, go to
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.