AC Adapter Test (2524)
AC Adapter Test
Use the following procedure to analyze an AC adapter problem.
- Unplug the AC adapter from the power outlet and the computer.
- Inspect the AC adapter for any signs of overheating or damage.
- Inspect the AC adapter power cord for cuts or damage. Replace the power cord, if necessary.
- Plug the power cord into a power outlet. Listen for any sound
that might indicate defective operation.
- Measure the output voltage at the AC adapter plug.
||+14 to +16
- If the voltage is incorrect, but not 0, replace the AC adapter.
- If the voltage is 0, check the power cord and the power outlet.
- If the power cord and power outlet are OK, replace the AC adapter.
- If the voltage is correct, suspect a short circuit or a
failure in the computer. Go to 'Short Circuit Test'
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.