System Board and Processor Card Checkout
.System Board and Processor Card Checkout
The processing functions
are performed by both the system board and the processor card.
Processor problems can be caused by either FRU. However,
the processor card generally has a lower probability of failure.
When a numeric code calls the system board or the processor card
as a FRU, or the
processor card is called by a diagnostic test by showing FRU code 11,
use the following procedure to isolate the problem.
- Run the system board test to verify the symptom. This test verifies
both the system board and the processor card.
If no error is detected, return to 'General Checkout'.
- If FRU code 10 appears, replace the system board but do not replace
the processor card. Transfer the processor card from the old system
board to the new system board.
- If FRU code 11 appears, reseat the processor card.
- Rerun the test to verify the fix.
- If FRU code 11 remains, replace the processor card.
If above procedure does not correct the problem, go to
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.