Replacing the Hard Disk Drive (9552)
Replacing the Hard Disk Drive
If you replace the internal hard disk drive, you must recopy all
of the system programs onto the replacement hard disk drive.
To recopy the programs:
- Start the system using the customer's backup copy of the system
- Select Backup/Restore system programs
from the Main Menu.
- Run Restore the system partition to load
the IML image, the system programs, and the
diagnostic programs onto the hard disk drive just installed.
- If there is not a backup copy of the system partition,
make one before replacing the hard disk drive.
(See 'Making a System Partition Backup Copy'.)
- If the customer's backup copy of the system partition is incomplete,
you cannot restore the whole system partition.
If this occurs, after you have recopied the IML image, get the
option diskettes and use Copy an option diskette to recopy the
option files onto the system partition.
- If the IML image is loaded onto the hard disk drive, but the
customer's operating system has not been loaded, the insert
diskette icon will appear on the screen.
Please see the LEGAL - Trademark notice.
Feel free - send a for any BUG on this page found - Thank you.