Using Knowledgeware Packages
||This task shows you how to load
and use Knowledgeware packages (may also be known as dictionaries). You
should see Knowledgeware documentation if you want to learn more about it.
provides certain functions that are used by all applications. In search and
report definition functions, for instance, it allows users the capability
of searching for objects, or defining how a report should be structured.
This is achieved by 'exposing' objects and their attributes in
Knowledgeware through the use of what are known as packages. A package is
specific to an application or group of applications, and exposes objects
and attributes from one or more CATfct files per application.
PlantShipLayout package, for instance, contains objects and attributes that
are used by several applications, whereas the PipingLayout package contains
the list of objects and attributes for piping applications. These packages
must be loaded before you can use certain functions.
There is a setting you must enable before you can load and use these
|Click Tools - Options -
General - Parameters and Measure and click on the Knowledge
Environment tab. Under Language, check Load extended
language libraries. Either check All Packages, or uncheck
this option and load the packages you will be using.
||If you check All Packages
then packages for all applications, including many you do not need, will be
loaded, and may slow operations. You may instead want to load selected
||There are several ways in which
you can view the contents of each package. One way is to open the Knowledge
Expert workbench, click the Expert Check button
and click OK
in the Check Editor dialog box to display the Check Editor: XXXX dialog
box. Click the Browser button
to display the browser. This
displays packages in the left column, objects in the middle column, and
attributes (and programs) of the selected object in the third column. Check
the Show Inherited Attributes checkbox if you need to.
||Following is a list of packages
used by Equipment & Systems applications:
- PlantShipLayout - Several applications, should always be loaded.
- ProductPackage - All applications, should always be loaded.
- CompAccessLayout - Compartment & Access
- ElectricalShipbuilding - 2D electrical
- Conduitlayout - Raceway & Conduit Design
- EquipLayout - Equipment Arrangement
- HangerLayout - Hanger Design
- HVACLayout - HVAC applications
- InstrLayout - Several applications
- PipingLayout - Piping applications
- PlantArrangement - Plant layout
- RacewayLayout - Raceway & Conduit Design
- TubingLayout - Tubing applications
- WaveguideLayout - Waveguide applications
- Structure Functional System Design
- Structure Functional Object Design