||This task shows you how to isolate a component
from other instances of the same reference.
The 4 LeaderPins components in
the first picture below share the same reference, hence the same geometry.
f you modify this shared geometry, all 4 instances will be impacted.
Isolating LeaderPin_FSN_1.1 will enable you to modify its geometry without
modifying that of the other 3 instances.
- Isolation is performed by selecting the menu item, with no other
- The instance name and part number of the isolated instance change
The isolated instance becomes its own reference.
Its position in the specification tree remains the same.
- For components with drillings created by a “detailed association” via
the distributed drillings command, drillings are propagated in R17 and
- For components with drillings created by the “from,to,between” or the
drilling command dialog, the drillings are created on the isolated
instance as they were specified in the instance which has been isolated.
- If the instance to be isolated has an assembly component for
reference, then the references of the original instances and the isolated
instance share all subdocuments.