Here is an example of a Process Product Resources (PPR)
specification tree for Machining products.
Process List is a plan that gives all the activities and machining
operations required to transform a part from a rough to a finished state.
- Part Operation defines the manufacturing resources and the
- Manufacturing Program is the list of all of the operations and
tool changes performed. The example above shows that:
- Drilling.1 is complete and has not been computed
- Drilling.2 is complete but has been computed (by means of a replay)
- Drilling.3 does not have all of the necessary data (indicated by
the exclamation mark symbol)
- Drilling.4 has been deactivated by the user (indicated by the
- Drilling.5 has been modified and needs to be recomputed (indicated
by the update symbol).
Product List gives all of the parts to machine as well as CATPart
documents containing complementary geometry.
Resources List gives all of the resources such as machine or tools
that can be used in the program.