The browser must contain:
- Links with the appropriate syntax
- A Java applet
When the user clicks on a link, the java applet establishes a connection
with DMU Navigator (using Backbone) in order to send all requested
- Mandatory, Name of the document
- Mandatory, Path of the document :local path or HTTP URL
- Optional, ID of document: user-defined ID unique for each document,
in order to differentiate the instances of the same document. If the same
is always used, the instance of the previous loaded document is replaced.
- Optional, Name of the product in DMU Navigator. If the product
already exists in the DMU session, then the document is inserted in this
product. If the product does not exist, then a new product is created
with the appropriate name. If this option is not specified, the document
is inserted in the product currently active in DMU.
- Optional, Position of the document : the position is defined by 12
doubles (3x3 matrix and 3x1 vector), identity matrix if nothing is
Java Applet Description
- Port number for communication with local CATSysDeamon process
- Establish a Backbone connection with DMU Navigator (which is already
- Insert the document in the appropriate product (target product or
active product, depending on the link)
- Set the correct position (if necessary)
A signed applet is delivered for the browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or Mozilla 1.4 with the Java Plug-in
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or Mozilla with the Java Plug-in 1.3.1-08
The applet jar name is PPRCatiaV5LightApplet.jar.
Sample html page:
DMUV5LoadAppletJ2" codebase="path" name="dmuload">
<PARAM NAME="PortNumber" VALUE="55555">
<PARAM NAME="dmuflag" VALUE="*local*">
<PARAM NAME="archive" VALUE="PPRCatiaV5LightApplet.jar">
<INPUT type="button" value="clickhere"
onclick="dmuload.load('MyProduct', 'E:\\MyDoc.CATPart', 'mydocuid',
'[ 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 ]');">
The arguments in bold are the ones you have to specify to load a
codebase is :
- the relative path of the cab or the jar applet file (stored in the
DMU installation directory) compared with the HTML page
- or the full path of the cab or the jar applet file (stored in the DMU
- or the http path of the cab or the jar applet file
For Internet Explorer, the full path has the
following form: 'E:\MyInstall\intel_a\multios\intel_a\jar'
For Mozilla, the full path has the following
- The PortNumber parameter is the TCP port on which the
connection is established with the backbone.
Generally, the port is 55555 but it could be different on some computers.
If this is the case, for instance with Windows, you have to open the file
in the Windows directory and specify in your HTML page the port actually
affected to catiav5bb.