||This section describes the initialization and usage of the
MULTICAx ID Plug-in product when used with 3d com.
It applies to DELMIA or ENOVIA DMU or ENOVIA 3d com
In order to run MultiCAD properly with 3d com, make sure that the
variable CATReferenceSettingPath is set in the 3d com
environment. It will allow all users to benefit from the administrator
settings (these are the settings used when launching CATOptionsMgt
in the 3d com environment on the server side.
- When installing the MultiCAx media, all the references will be made
to CATIA. This is not a problem and will not affect the product
behavior. But it will create shortcuts and environment with CATIA names.
- Activating the cache does not modify the performances of an
interactive insert since the data are not generated in the cache but in
the directory referenced by the setting Output Path.
- The cache is only useful in CATPart mode so that the CATPart
generated is not loaded by default (but this does not affect the
- Multi-CAD exact geometry is not supported in 3d com
- The 3d com V5 server gets the default V5 server settings. The default
behavior is as follows:
|1. No exact geometry
2. Non-associative mod
- The 3d com Multi-CAD options are related to the V5 server options. The
interactive setting panel is identical to that for DMU or DELMIA, and is
accessible through the CATOptionMgt executable (accessible on
the server runtimeview). When launching it on the server with
catstart, you can customize the options.
- Complete documentation of CATOptionsMgt can be accessed via
the What's New? link in the DMU Navigator Infrastructure
guide. For 3d com, this is documented in the Accessing Settings Without
Running a Session section. For the customization of the Multi-CAD option,
please refer to the Customizing section of the current documentation.
The 3d com environment should be correctly installed to deal with CATIA data
(such as model or CATPart) outside Multi-CAD, and use the V5 server. The
installation relative to Multi-CAD concerns a proper installation of the V5
server, as explained in the following links.