- Never modify data generated in V5:
information could be lost and the MULTICAD Update could result in incorrect results.
- Part Number must be unique,
all parts with the same name are considered as identical.
- On Windows, make sure the files to translate are not encrypted:
Click Advanced in the Properties dialog box of the file
and deselect the Encrypt contents to secure data option.
The MULTICAx ID Plug-in allows users to import IDI data generated from
IDEAS native data (part and assembly models).
This import converts IDI part
geometry into the CATIA Graphical Representation (CGR) or CATPart formats,
which renders it readable by V5.
The MULTICAx ID Plug-in imports IDI
assembly files into a V5 product structure document.
Users can perform this
import interactively or from the command line.
The assembly import converts the I-DEAS assembly hierarchy into product
structure, along with the proper positions.
No attributes of the assembly
other than hierarchy, positions, and colors of the geometry are addressed in
For conversions, the following protocols or attributes apply:
- Length units for both parts and assemblies are converted to
- Assembly-level colors and other features are not supported.
- Pure wire frame data is not supported during the conversion.
Windows 64 bits OS is supported.
Aix 64 bits OS is supported.
.idi extension is not natively supported in CATIA, DELMIA and ENOVIA,
therefore the following products are required to access this extension: IDL
(CATIA / ENOVIA), IDP (DELMIA).
up to MS 12
||IDL (ENOVIA Portal)