Create a Product and add 2 parts to this product.
From the Start>Shape menu, access the
Generative Shape Design workbench. Select the first part.
Add a line to the part.
Select the second part and add a Length parameter to the
part as well as a formula that will be based on the line.
- Click the
icon. The Formula Editor opens. In the New parameter of type
scrolling list, select Legnth and click New
parameter of type.
- In the Edit name or value of the current parameter
field, enter the name of the parameter: LineLength.
Click Apply and click Add Formula. The
Formula Editor opens.
- Enter the following formula by using the Dictionary to access
the length(Curve,...) operator:
- Position the cursor between the parenthesis and double-click
the Line in the geometry or in the specification tree. The
External parameter selection window is displayed.
- Click Line.1 and click OK. The formula is
displayed as follows:
- Click OK when done. Click Yes in the
Automatic update window.