The following scheme aims at illustrating how the Instant Collaborative
Design application works.
The CATIA Instant Collaborative Design application is based on a 3-layer
- Storage layer: The first layer is made up of the ENOVIA Vault Server
(1) and of the ENOVIA LCA Server
(2). The physical data (briefcases created
by the users) are stored in the ENOVIA vault (1).
Sharing data (design collaboration data, and workspaces, data concerning
which briefcase belongs to which workspace) are stored in the ENOVIA LCA
- Communicating layer: The second layer made up of the WebSphere
(3) and the Domino
(4) servers, enables the ENOVIA Vault Server
(1), and the ENOVIA LCA Server
(2) to communicate with CATIA
(5). Websphere is dedicated to the
collaboration, whereas the Domino server is designed to the connectivity.
- Design layer: The last layer made up of CATIA
(5) enables the user to create Design.