||The multiple representations associated to
an electronic component are handled through the catalog: users can choose a
dedicated representation for a given electronic component either at the
import process or at the component pre-placement. For example, amongst
dedicated representations, users can select a simplified representation or
an exact one.
Open the MultiRep.idf document
from the samples folder.
|The Circuit Board Design Import dialog box opens.
- Select MultiRep.lib for the library
- Create a new catalog in read/write mode: MultiRep.catalog
- Click OK to validate.
|The import is performed.
Open the MultiRep.catalog in the Catalog Editor.
- Two component references with the same PartNumber
but different representations (PackageNumber) are
stored in the catalog.
- When several components have the same PartNumber
but different representations, the automatic renaming of the
PartNumber of the second and subsequent instances is no
longer managed. Only the first component will be imported and a
message dialog box will inform the user that other components
have not been imported.
In the catalog:
- the PartNumber identifies the component
- the PackageNumber identifies the representations
associated to a component
- the Instance Name identifies the instance within the