More about the Delete command
When deleting new, modified or pointed documents,
a warning message gives you a list of unsaved documents that will be
removed and prompts you to:
- click Yes if you want to edit these modified documents.
This opens in a new window each document listed in the warning message
- click No if you do not want to keep the modifications
- click Cancel to cancel the delete operation and restore
the previous state.
"Pointed documents" implies directly pointed documents as well as
documents indirectly pointed by a document about to be deleted. For
instance, when deleting a sub-product, all the modified CATPart documents
included in this sub-product will be listed in the warning.
Nevertheless, note that documents may not be listed in the warning
message. This is the case when a document is:
- edited in another editor. For instance, if you open a CATPart
document using the Open in New Window contextual command
then delete one of its instances, you will not be asked to edit the
- pointed by another document edited in another editor.