Customize the parameter .xml file that will be used by
We recommend that the first time you generate the default xml file by
using the Batch monitor, please refer to Running Batches Using the Batch
Monitor in the Infrastructure User's Guide for more information.
||An example of parameter xml file can be found in reffiles/AbfBatchParam (intel_a for
Windows, aix_a for IBM UNIX, irix_a for SGI UNIX, solaris_a for SUN Unix,
hpux_a for HP UNIX).
|This file is composed of two main parts:
- Input Parameters
- Output Parameters
|This part is itself divided into two main categories:
- File Part: it includes:
- the file id (called ''Product File'' and must not be modified
by the user), and
- the filepath (complete path of the product to be filled by
- Argument Part: it includes:
- the Process Type (Export (Exp), Report (RepS), Flat Report (RepF))
and the output file name, then
- all the export/report options.
|If an option is wrong, the report is generated with a warning
(except for the Process Type)
|It contains the export/report output directory defined by the
- folder id: called ''Output Directory'' (and must not be
modified by the user)
- folderpath: directory path of the product to be filled by the
- Launch the CATBatch by specifying the
customized parameter .xml file.
Please refer to Running Batches Using the Batch Monitor in the
Infrastructure User's Guide to know how launch the CATBatch command.
As an example, on Windows, from a command window, go to the level in
which CATIA is installed, and launch the following command:
catstart -env LocalEnv -run "CATBatchStarter E:\tmp\ExportBatch\ExportInputParametersFile.xml
A log file is open each time the batch command is launched.
It is stored in the same directory as the BATCH_HOME variable.
This result file can either be a .txt or .html file.