AIX Tip of the Week: The Three P's of High Availability - Part II
Audience: IT Management, Systems Administrators
Date: February 10, 2001
Part I of this tip discussed the importance of people and processes in high availability. This tip, Part II, covers five common techniques for building a highly available
- User Segmentation: Assigning users to a specific server
- Data Replication: Mirroring data on multiple servers
- Client Server: Queue transactions
- Load Leveling: Spread users over multiple servers.
- Hot Spare: Hot spare server takes over if primary fails
The availability presentation explains each technique in more detail.
February 10, 2001