Identifying Critical AIX Fixes
Date: May 15, 2003
The best way to manage problems is by prevention.
One way to prevent problems on an AIX system is by
applying the "critical" updates. This tip explains how
to identify and download AIX "critical" updates from
- Start at the following URL:
- Select "Search and download selective fixes" (default)
- Choose appropriate "OS Level"
- "Search by" = APAR
- "Search string" = critical
- Click "Find Fix"
- On next window
- Choose most recent fix (as of today it's IY43242 - CRITICAL FIXES FOR AIX 5.1 AS OF APRIL 2003)
- Click "Add to List"
- Click "Proceed to Packaging
- On the next window
- Select current "OS level"
- Click "Proceed to Download Page"
- Choose your download preference